- Where the Magistrate directs a local investigation by any person under section 139, the Magistrate may
- furnish such person with such written instruction as may seem necessary for his guidance;
- declare by whom the whole or any part of the necessary expenses of the local investigation shall be paid.
- The report of such person may be read as evidence in the case.
- Where the Magistrate summons and examines an expert under section 139, the Magistrate may direct by whom the costs of such summoning and examination shall be paid.