The following kinds of hurt only are designated as “grievous”:
- Permanent privation of the sight of either eye.
- Permanent privation of the hearing of either ear.
- Privation of any member or joint.
- Destruction or permanent impairing of the powers of any member or joint.
- Permanent disfiguration of the head or face.
- Fracture or dislocation of a bone or tooth.
- Any hurt which endangers life or which causes the sufferer to be during the space of twenty days in severe bodily pain, or unable to follow his ordinary pursuits.