The State Government may, by rules made under this Act, provide-
- for the establishment or recognition of after-care organisations and the functions that may be performed by them under this Act;
- for a scheme of after-care programme to be followed by such after-care organisations for the purpose of taking care of juveniles or the children after they leave special homes, children homes and for the purpose of enabling them to lead an honest, industrious and useful life;
- for the preparation or submission of a report by the probation officer or any other officer appointed by that Government in respect of each juvenile or the child prior to his discharge from a special home, children’s home, regarding the necessity and nature of after-care of such juvenile or of a child, the period of such after-care, supervision thereof and for the submission of report by the probation officer or any other officer appointed for the purpose, on the progress of each juvenile or the child;
- for the standards and the nature of services to be maintained by such after-care organisations;
- for such other matters as may be necessary for the purpose of carrying out the scheme of after-care programme for the juvenile or the child;
Provided that any rule made under this section shall not provide for such juvenile or child to stay in the after-care organisation for more than three years;
Provided further that a juvenile or child over seventeen years of age but less than eighteen years of age would stay in the after-care organisation till he attains the age of twenty years.