- Any child in need of care and protection may be produced before the Committee by one of the following persons-
- any police officer or special juvenile police unit or a designated police officer;
- any public servant;
- childline, a registered voluntary organisation or by such other voluntary organisation or an agency as may be recognised by the State Government;
- any social worker or a public spirited citizen authorised by the State Government; or
- by the child himself.
- The State Government may make rules consistent with this Act to provide for the manner of making the report to the police and to the Committee and the manner of sending and entrusting the child to children’s home pending the inquiry.